Vasculitis is a disorder that mainly involves the destruction of inflamed blood vessels. The veins and arteries are all affected when vasculitis is present and it is mainly because of the migration of leukocyte and the damage it causes. Vasculitis itself is typically in combination with another health issue already at work within the body as the main symptom or as an underlying one:
- Vasculitis classified as cutaneous small-vessel affects the kidneys as well as the skin
- Wegener’s Grannulomatosis is a vasculitis type that affects very large blood cells and concentrates on the kidney, lungs and nose.
- Buerger’s disease involves vasculitis symptoms in the veins and arteries of the legs (gangrene)
- Kawasaki disease causes micro-cell vasculitis within the skin of the mouth and eyes as well as the heart.
- Churg-Strauss syndrome causes vasculitis in the heart, kidneys and legs as well as skin throughout the body.
- Giant cell, polyarteritis nodosa and takayasu’s arteritis are often classified within the vasculitis family as well.
- Also, cancer, hepatitis C and various rheumatic diseases are also accompanied by inflamed blood cells in a variety of areas.
Vasculitis Symptoms to Look For
- Losing weight without effort is a common symptom of many medical conditions but it is often one of the first symptoms to show.
- Fever is also accompanied with many conditions and it can rise to deadly heights so keep an eye on it if present.
- Obvious purple and red blotches throughout the skin; deep in color and very easy to notice! Their main cause is because of the bleeding occurring underneath the skin. Purpura spots are large affected areas and petechiae are small affected areas.
- Medium veins that have swollen large enough to be seen through the skin. It creates a pattern like lace and is also very easy to notice.
- Muscle pain, joint pain and inflammation of the joints
- Coughing up blood and nose bleeds for no reason
- High blood pressure and risk of gangrene
- Pain in the abdomen, blood in stool and glomerulonephritis in the kidneys
- Livedo Reticularis Symptoms And The Treatments
- Superficial Thrombophlebitis: Symptoms And Treatment
- All About Sclerotherapy Cost And Side Effects
- Spider Veins Treatment On Legs And Face
- Symptoms of Planters Warts and the Effective Treatment for Them
- Kidney Cyst Symptoms | Cyst On Kidney
- Common Varicose Veins Causes
- Blood Cancer Types – A Look At Them All