Many people anywhere are currently suffering from dry and itchy scalps. Their dry scalp treatment efforts may not be working at all because they have failed to acknowledge the fact that there are many causes of the condition. Your best way of dealing with this problem is to try various treatment methods and principles that suit your own case well. This can be in prescription forms, herbal, natural home remedies and over-the-counter drugs.
The dry scalp condition is usually mistaken for dandruff. Its treatment can be harsh, and may only worsen the dry scalp problem. Dandruff first of all, is caused by infections. The flakes are characterized as oily and greasy at times, and the flakes forming up over on red and itchy scalps. These small flakes become entirely noticeable when brushed off.
Dry scalps are caused by an excessive brushing and washing of the hair, the heat coming from the blow dryers, exposure to extreme cold strong winds and harsh sunlight. The chemical components in various hair products are also known to trigger dry scalp. It occurs whenever the skin in the scalp gets itchy and tight.
Your best protection is through wearing a hat during extreme weathers and the use of moisturizing shampoos and conditioner. While at it, you also have to limit your dependence of blow dryers.
Treatment can consist of a simple massage to loosen the tight skin in the scalp. A deep conditioner and warm moist towels should do the trick. Just as oily scalps lead to oily hair, so does dry scalp leave hair looking dull and lifeless, complete with flaky and itchy skin. But if what you are dealing with is a dry scalp, then the treatment can well be the shampoo you are using.
Aside from this concept, you can also try other alternatives. Natural treatment remedies are your best bet since you can be assured that all ingredients used comes from nature herself, and without the side effects or course. You can make good use of olive and jojoba oil, and even tea tree oil. You can rub these natural moisturizing treatments onto the scalp to relieve the irritations. Here are some other great ideas:
• Vinegar – apply a 1-cup warm water and 3 tablespoons of vinegar mixture into your scalp; use it to clean your hair at the same time. Rinse after 5 minutes.
• Fenugreek Seeds – with half a cup of warm water and 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds, you can make a paste as the seeds have already softened up. Apply to the scalp and leave it on for an hour before rinsing.
• Olive oil – this can be massaged directly onto the scalp. Cover it with a shower cap topped with wet towel wraps for 20 minutes before rinsing. You can repeat the process as necessary.
Dry scalp treatment should also make you look for those products containing coal tar, urea or even salicylic lactic acid. Coal tar is what reduces the regeneration of the skin cells that means fewer flakes and a less dry skin. Salicylic acid and lactic acid has the same functions, though it can be best utilized for tougher scalp problems. For maximum results, let the shampoo product settle on the scalp for about three to five minutes before rinsing.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis – Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
- How to get rid of Oily Skin Fast
- Sores On Scalp May Be A Sign Of A Disease
- Getting to know the Nioxin side effects
- Proven Techniques on How to Get Rid of Acne Overnight
- How to Get Thicker Hair Naturally
- Popular Vitamins For Hair Growth
- Fenugreek Extract May Aid Weight Loss