Vitamin C plays significant role in the human body. Also known as Ascorbic acid, Vitamin C is important for growth and development of the skeletal system, cardio vascular system and the muscular system. As an active nutrient, Vitamin C also helps in absorbing important iron compounds from food substances. If a person doesn’t have enough vitamin C on your body, he could have Vitamin C deficiency symptoms.
Vitamin C is also a very important nutrient for the human body that needs to be present in proper levels for the different benefits it offers. Different from certain other living things, humans cannot produce their own vitamin C. So, rich supplements of this important vitamin are very important. The different health benefits that you can get from Vitamin C include:
- Important in healing wounds and speedy rejuvenation of skin damaged by burns
- Helps the body in the absorption of iron from foods taken
- Works as an antioxidant to develop the immune system of the human body
- Regulates development of certain proteins that are useful in maintaining good bone and muscular health
Vitamin C deficiency could slow down proper operations of the human body, since the aforementioned benefits will not take place.
The recommended amount of vitamin C for humans can be obtained through regular supplements. Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of vitamin C. Fish, legumes and root crops are also good sources of vitamin c. Citrus fruits such as oranges and lemon also provide the human body with enough levels of Vitamin C.
Scurvy is a very common symptom of Vitamin C deficiency. This is a disease distinctive of bleeding gums, dropping of teeth, very hard to treat wounds and eventually, if not treated well, could lead to death. This particular symptom is on the rise and there is noted cased of scurvy even in modern times.
Other Vitamin C deficiency symptoms are tiredness, severe fatigue, head ache, back ache and other body pains, irritability, poor healing, high vulnerability to bruises, discoloration of the skin, nose bleeding, and dental caries.
These vitamin C deficiency symptoms are clear signs that your blood vessels are weak as a further sign of collagen loss in your body. However, scurvy happens if a person has prolonged deficiency in Vitamin C for such a long time for 2 to 3 months. It is notable that early signs are not distinctive of the disease. However, anyone can always take foods that are rich in vitamin C to mitigate the deficiency.
If a patient’s body becomes insufficient in Vitamin C, it can also lead to serious illnesses such as thyroid related problems and early aging. The immune system of the human body will also be weak and as a consequence, different toxic substances will make your body vulnerable to diseases.
Vitamin C deficiency symptoms in children should be taken care of since this is important for their growth and development. Mothers should be aware of these vitamin C deficiency symptoms for the well-being of their children.
- Vitamin A Deficiency Symptoms | What You Should Know
- Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms: Before it’s Too Late
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency Symptoms
- The Vitamin B12 in Pernicious-Anemia
- Get the Right Laboratory Test for Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Methylcobalamin nutrient offers solution for sleep disorders, mental alertness
- A Look At Vitamin B12 Shots For Weight Loss
- Ten Strawberry Nutrition Facts for Everyone