Molluscum Contagium, Also referred to as MC is a virus that commonly spreads from skin to skin contact. There are different reasons why people contract the illness but some ways are by sharing items like clothes, blankets and anything else that has the virus on it from people scratching the infection and then touching items that others will use. This Molluscum Contagium virus is known to have 4 different types; they are arranged as followed:
The MCV-1 version of Molluscum Contagium is the more dominant out of the 4 types of Molluscum Contagium and MCV-2 is commonly known to spread as a sexually transmitted disease in adults. There are many ways to treat the symptoms of this skin virus but none are totally effective and treatments may vary depending on various situations. Some of the treatments are:
- Sergical Treatment
- A cold liquid can be used to freeze the lesions caused from Molluscum Contagium; the most common liquid to use is liquid nitrogen. After the lesions are frozen they are scraped off by the individual performing the treatment. This is not a pleasant procedure and can leave permanent scaring and white marks on the skin.
- Australian Lemon Myrtle
- A Study with Australian lemon myrtle showed a great amount of results when applied to types of Molluscum Contagium once a day for about 20 days. This ingredient is often diluted in olive oil to less than a percent of concentration to that it does not irritate the skin.
- Tea Tree Oil
- The tea tree oil treatments have proven to stop the spread of this virus when applied in the diluted form. This oil is used for a lot of symptoms and treatments all over the world.
Even though these are some treatments and products for helping with Molluscum Contagium, they are not cures and will only help heal or stop the spread of the Molluscum Contagium virus. Always consult a doctor if you have symptoms that you think are a concern. A rash or blemish can be the start of something that needs medical treatment.
- Molluscum Contagiosum Symptoms | Causes | Treatments
- Symptoms of HIV/AIDS And Treatments
- Impetigo Is A Common Skin Infection
- What Causes Shingles?
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Symptoms | Causes | Treatment
- Kaposi Sarcoma: Symptoms and Treatment
- Symptoms of Planters Warts and the Effective Treatment for Them
- Cold Sores Treatment Fast And Effective