Sensory Integration Disorder is a neurological disorder, where the brain will fail to recognize the five senses of the human body sight, smell, touch, tastes and sound as well as positions and movements of the body. Sensory Integration Disorder normally begins while still in the womb and usually carries on throughout the life of any person who suffers from the effects of this disorder.
Sensory Integration Disorder Symptoms –
Sensory Integration Disorder is detected in childhood and can also start to develop during childhood. Some of the noticeable symptoms are listed below but are not limited to;
• Poor self concept
• Delays in speech and language skills
• Impulsiveness with no self control
• A very high or very low activity level in day to day activities
• Social problems of different types
• Distracted easily – loss of concentration
• Over sensitive to sight, sound or touch
• Under sensitivity to sight, sound or touch
• Delays in academic achievement
Sensory Integration Disorder Causes- The general cause for this is usually when still in the womb as this is where we all develop and start our lives. Premature birth can be a cause of Sensory Integration Disorder, as well as autism and ADHA (attention- deficit hyperactivity disorder.) in fact these two are said to be the highest cause of SID. Many studies have linked these symptoms to the disorder.
Sensory Integration Disorder Treatment – The best treatment for Sensory Integration Disorder is a sensory integration therapist. These are expert therapist in providing key treatment and sensory input to the brain for treatment. This kind of therapy requires an activity program that is individual to each individual person with Sensory Integration Disorder, otherwise known as a sensory diet.
A sensory diet stimulates the senses with a combination of alerting, calming, and organizing techniques. These are vitally important when treating Sensory Integration Disorder on many different levels because it helps keep it under control. Other methods such as therapeutic body brushing have also been effective in the treatment of SID however; it is not used on infants and small children.
- Histrionic Personality Disorder Symptoms And Details
- All About Person Centered Therapy
- Understanding Meralgia Paresthetica
- Physical Therapist Salary – Rewarding Profession With A Lucrative Pay
- Causes And Symptoms Of Presbyopia
- Acromegaly Symptoms | Causes | Treatments
- Social Anxiety Disorder Tests Now Have All The Answers
- Adult ADD Symptoms And Treatment