Protein shakes have been largely associated with body-building and energy restoration. They are more often looked at as muscle-building supplements. Nonetheless, protein shakes are of different types and serve different purposes. If consumed without knowing their end-results, one might end up achieving exactly opposite of what he/she was intending for. This is particularly imperative for those, who are trying to shed few kilos, and after religiously consuming protein shakes may end up gaining more rather than losing weight. Fortunately, there are special protein shakes for weight loss available in the market and can also be made at home.
First it is important to know that protein shakes must not replace each and every of your meals. The best time to consume any protein shake is in the morning. It can also be taken right after the workout. The reason is that after almost eight hours of fasting (sleep) or a couple of hours of workout body needs to restore, repair, and rebuild the energy, and during these times proteins are best assimilated by your body.
Some protein shakes for weight loss are made based on the theory that building muscle mass is vital for weight loss as well, because it keeps unwanted pounds at bay. This is why a high-protein diet is many times recommended for overweight people. It helps them lose 4-5 pounds every month. However, this is also subjected to the consumption of low-calorie diet, avoidance of cola/fizzy drinks, and regular exercise.
A good and quick way to get a good amount of protein into a weight loss plan is making shakes from scratch. Let’s see how we can make an effective protein shake for weight loss at home.
- Get a good quality protein powder. Whey is considered one of the best protein powders in the market. However, make sure to buy the specific Whey product that is designed to lose weight. If you are vegan or have a lighter budget, you can replace protein powder with Soy and Rice protein.
- Select a liquid base. It can be plain water, milk, fruit-juice, Soy milk, etc.
- Get some fruit to add fibers to your protein shake. It keeps you full for longer period of time and slows down the digestion process. Ultimately it results in less calorie-consumption during the day.
- Mix these components together, and add coconut oil to it. Coconut oil has medium chain fatty acids that crank up the body’s metabolism. You can also just throw in some shredded coconut.
- Add yogurt to this mixture. Yogurt is known for not only for its rich protein source, but also is low on glycemic index and contains calcium that facilitates fat loss.
- Blend this mixture well and drink your home-made protein shake for weight loss.
- What Is The Best Protein Shake?
- Best Protein Shakes For Women
- Slim Fast Reviews – What’s It All About
- The Benefits of Whey Protein including Weight Loss!
- Does Slim Fast Work | Slim Fast Review
- Carnivore Protein Reviews: What You Need to Know
- Learn How Coconut Oil Can Benefit Insulin Resistance and Diabetes
- Body Fortress Whey Protein Review: Build Muscle Correctly!