(NaturalNews) Senate Bill S 510 – the “Food Safety Modernization Act” – was passed by the U.S. Senate today (http://www.naturalnews.com/030576_Food_Safety_S_510.html). If signed into law, it would unleash a new era of FDA tyranny over farmers, food producers and even small family farms, many of which already exceed the “small farms exclusion” written into the bill.
Here’s the list of US Senators who voted to approve final passage of S.510. Remember these names when the next election comes around:
Additional commentary about the vote
Notably, there was not a single Democrat who opposed the bill. This bill was also supported by Food, Inc. authors Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser, who have become the favored food commentators of the left. It’s now clear why: In supporting this bill, they have aligned themselves against Constitutional freedoms and in favor of increased Big Government (FDA) authority over food, seeds and farmers.
Change.org also strongly supported S.510, although its online petition pitifully attracted only 1,662 signatures. The Libertarian groups who opposed the bill, in contrast, generated hundreds of thousands of emails and phone calls to U.S. Senate offices. These Libertarian-minded groups include NaturalNews, the Alliance for Natural Health (www.ANH-USA.org) and the Natural Solutions Foundation (www.HealthFreedomUSA.org), among others.
As you well know, I personally don’t trust Democrats nor Republicans, but this fight over S.510 has shown yet again that, to the left, Big Government is always thought to be the solution, even if it means stripping away the Constitutional rights of Americans.
The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans will take away your rights and money as an excuse to take care of the rich people. Democrats, on the other hand, will take away your rights and money as an excuse to take care of everybody.
Remember: Republicans gave us the Patriot Act. And now Democrats have given us the Food Safety bill. Both laws are unconstitutional expansions of government power that the American people will come to regret.
- S 510 Food Safety bill now dead in the water due to blue slip mistake
- Industry bought Congressional votes to pass S. 510 food safety bill
- Despite massive protests, US Senate passes S 510 Food Safety Bill
- US Senate debate on S.510 Food Safety bill could extend into the weekend
- Senate delays S 510 food safety bill vote until Tuesday
- Senate Bill S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act vote imminent: Would outlaw gardening and saving seeds
- Senate Bill 510 vote delayed until after Thanksgiving – Take action now to oppose food tyranny
- Urgent call for action, last chance to defeat S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act