(NaturalNews) A new study published in the peer-reviewed journal of the American Cancer Society (ACS) Cancer has found that current ovarian cancer screening technologies do virtually nothing to decrease the overall death rate from the disease. Laura Havrilesky, MD, MHSc, and her team from Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina, discovered that in many cases, ovarian cancer progresses so fast that screenings are unable to detect a problem until it is too late.
“If we assume ovarian cancers grow and spread at different rates, the best screening strategy available will only reduce the number of women dying from this cancer by 11 percent,” Havrilesky is quoted as saying. “This is partially because the slower growing cancers are more likely to be caught by a screening test.”
So the team has concluded that the best way to deal with ovarian cancer is to try harder to prevent it, and develop better methods of treating it. Because there is really one no way to determine the nature of ovarian cancer from patient to patient, there is also no single conventional method that effectively recognizes each unique type and its eventual progression rate.
Fortunately, there are many natural ways to fight ovarian cancer, and prevent it from occurring in the first place. The Agaricus Blazei Murrill mushroom (ABM mushroom), for instance, is a powerful cancer-fighting mushroom that studies out of both the U.K. and Japan have identified as such. The ABM mushroom contains high levels of powerful beta glucans that stimulate the immune system and promote the mechanisms that fight and prevent cancer cells from being able to take hold (http://www.naturalnews.com/025402_cancer_ovarian_natural.html).
Other ovarian cancer fighters include bindweed (convolulus arvensis), selenium, turmeric (curcumin), vitamin K, quercetin, astragalus, espinheira santa, green tea and carotenoids.
Sources for this story include:
- Prostate Cancer Testing Doesn’t Help, It Harms Men
- Woman finds cancer cure in dairy-free diet based on anti-cancer plants
- Russian prison to be outfitted with tanning beds for better prisoner health
- Don’t Touch My Junk song composer posts commentary on TSA and the Bill of Rights
- Green Tea could Naturally Prevent and Treat Osteoporosis, Scientists Say
- Statins prove useless, ineffective in children with lupus
- Ovarian Pain – Is It A Cyst?
- Nicotine feeds growth of breast cancer tumors