(NaturalNews) For over a hundred years, soda companies been selling products with ingredients that we now know are linked to diabetes, obesity, gout and kidney stones. Those are some of the effects of the High Fructose Corn Syrup and phosphoric acid found in conventional sodas, and we haven’t even mentioned the health problems caused by aspartame.
And yet, despite the fact that these soda products are demonstrably harmful to human health, the soda industry has been working hard for many decades to convince parents to feed their infants and children more soda.
In the 1950’s, the Soda Pop Board of America ran full-page ads in national magazines, touting this message:
“If you really want to give your baby a head start in life by improving their social standing and guaranteeing their happiness, start feeding them Coca-Cola, Pepsi and other sugary carbonated beverages at the earliest age possible. Even babies as young as a few months old will enjoy the many benefits of soda pop.”
View the ad yourself at http://naturalnews.com/Images/Cola-Earlier.jpg
Or visit our Museum of Badvertising to see more outrageous ads from evil corporations: http://www.naturalnews.com/index-Badvertising.html
Their ad continues with the following text:
How soon is too soon?
Not soon enough. Laboratory tests over the last few years have proven that babies who start drinking soda during that early formative period have a much higher chance of gaining acceptance and “fitting in” during those awkward pre-teen and teen years.
So, do yourself a favor. Do your child a favor. Start them on a strict regimen of sodas and other sugary carbonated beverages right now, for a lifetime of guaranteed happiness.
The Soda Pop Board of America
1515 W. Hart Ave – Chicago, IL
– Promotes Active Lifestyle!
– Boosts Personality!
– Gives body essential sugars!
What Coca-Cola, Big Tobacco and Big Pharma all have in common
Throughout the short history of corporate dominance over consumer purchasing behavior, three industries stand out as the most insidious and harmful to the People: The soda companies (Coke and Pepsi), the tobacco companies and the pharmaceutical companies.
In each of these cases, these industries sell toxic, harmful products to the public but position them as being extremely good for you.
“More Doctors Smoke Camels Than Any Other Cigarette!” – This was an advertisement that ran for years in the Journal of the American Medical Association. Today, of course, JAMA no longer accepts money from tobacco companies because, after decades of denials, the AMA finally admitted that cigarette smoke probably wasn’t good for your health. So they switched to accepting ads from companies selling a different kind of poison: Pharmaceuticals.
Now, JAMA runs ads for toxic pharmaceuticals that can (and do) kill people. And they defend that as perfectly reasonable and “safe,” just like they once insisted that smoking cigarettes was a healthy habit!
If you really look hard at all the largest corporations, you’ll quickly realize that most of them are in the business of selling you poison while calling it some sort of miracle:
• Tobacco companies sell poison in the form of cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
• Food manufacturers sell poison in the form of partially-hydrogenated oils, MSG and HFCS.
• Monsanto sells poison in the form of GM seeds that it calls an agricultural miracle.
• Drug companies sell poison in the form of medications and vaccines.
• Soft drink companies sell poison in the form of tasty beverages.
• Cancer clinics sell poison in the form of chemotherapy and mammograms.
• Personal care product companies sell poison in the form of lotions and cosmetics.
It’s all sold with the same covert influence tactics. As one of the original advertising “greats” described it, advertising is the science of engineering consent.
Corporations are masters at engineering consent. They can even get people to buy and consume products that are essentially poisons.
If U.S. corporations could have their way, babies would be born with a cigarette in their mouth, a vaccine needle in their arm, a dozen prescription drugs coursing through their veins, Axe cologne on their skin, toxic cosmetics on their face, and a six-pack of aspartame-laced diet soda tucked under one arm. Welcome to the world of poison products marketed by evil corporations.
- House Urged To Pass Tobacco Legislation
- Tobacco firms bypass marketing restrictions with clever web campaigns
- Huge California study concludes soda consumption undeniably linked to obesity
- Soda pop industry branded baby bottles with soft drink logos
- Tobacco Prevention Campaign Urges Texas Youth To Spit It OutTobacco Prevention Campaign Urges Texas Youth To Spit It Out
- Feds cracking down on artificial marijuana
- Cough, cold medicines could kill your child
- Health care bankrupting California as Schwarzenegger declares fiscal emergency