(NaturalNews) At 10:30 today, the U.S. Senate picks up its debate on the issue of S.510, the “Food Safety and Modernization Act” which is really a wolf in sheep’s clothing. It would grant the FDA new, tyrannical powers that could be used to criminalize backyard gardening, outlaw saving seeds, imprison people who sell raw milk and oppress food freedom throughout the country.
The US Senate will recess today from 12:30 – 3:00pm, after which debate on the bill will resume. During that two-and-a-half hour recess, Senators will no doubt be checking in with their offices to hear what their constituents think about this bill. This is your opportunity to be heard by calling your U.S. Senator this morning, before 12:30 Eastern time (or as soon as you can manage it, as every call helps), and voicing your strong opposition to S.510, the Food Safety and Modernization Act.
Call the Capitol Switchboard and ask to be directly connected to your Senator’s office: 202-224-3121.
You can find other contact information for your US Senator at http://senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
Debate could extend into the weekend
According to comments made on the Senate floor this morning, a weekend session is possible if a vote is not reached on S.510 today.
This is good news for all of us who oppose S.510 because it would give us more time to rally opposition. If the bill cannot be effectively opposed, it might give us time to push for the “Tester Amendment” which would exempt small farms (and presumably backyard gardens, too) from the onerous provisions of S.510.
Senator Harry Reid, who I personally consider to be one of the most corrupt and repugnant human beings to have ever set foot on the US Senate floor, is of course pushing hard for passage of this bill. He uses claims like “No one should have to worry if their salad or sandwich is going to kill them” but conveniently forgets that if the bill passes, people will have to worry about their own government imprisoning them for selling raw milk, seed sprouts, or garden vegetables to their local neighbors and friends.
Extending the reach of cold tyranny is always disguised as saving lives. But make no mistake: This isn’t a bill about saving lives, it’s about expanding the power of Big Brother to control your gardens, your seeds, your milk, your food and your freedom.
- Senate Bill 510 vote delayed until after Thanksgiving – Take action now to oppose food tyranny
- Senate bill S 510 vote imminent – procedural vote passes 74-25
- S 510 Food Safety bill now dead in the water due to blue slip mistake
- Senate delays S 510 food safety bill vote until Tuesday
- Urgent call for action, last chance to defeat S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act
- Senate Bill S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act vote imminent: Would outlaw gardening and saving seeds
- US Senator caught admitting that lame duck session is ‘rigged’
- Industry bought Congressional votes to pass S. 510 food safety bill