How To Become An Ultrasound Technician
An ultrasound technician utilizes ultrasongraphy for creating images that are used for diagnosing a number of health conditions. Sonography is a method that makes use of sound waves to produce images which gives doctors an inside look of the body. Most of the people relate it with pregnancy, but it is used for numerous other things like for viewing tissues and organs in order to diagnose diseases. As per the bureau of labor statistics; ultrasound technicians usually earn anything from $48,000 to $65,000 annually.
The process of how become an ultrasound technician involves a lot of things. Pointers mentioned below will give you complete know-how about this process.
- Look out for schools that proffer courses for becoming an ultrasound technician. All schools would need a high school diploma or general education development (GED). You can get ultrasound technician training at many places like colleges, vocational institutes, armed forces and hospitals. If you are already trained in the field of healthcare and want to learn about sonography then a year long certificate program would be apt for you. Just make certain the ultrasound technician school you choose has an accreditation of the commission on accreditation of allied health education programs (CAAHEP). You can visit the website of CAAHEP for getting a list of schools that have official recognition.
- Once you have chosen the school; enroll in the ultrasound technician training program. You will obtain an associate degree after you have completed the ultrasound technician program.
- Go in for a clinical internship for your training and also complete the coursework. Courses that you would require to complete comprise of chemistry, patient care, anatomy and physiology, medical ethics, ultrasound technology and terminology.
- Make a decision if you want to specialize in a particular field. After you have obtained your degree; register through American registry of diagnostic medical sonography. This registration will aid you in getting job through numerous hospitals and doctor’s offices. In order to get registered you would need to clear a written examination.
I am certain if you keep in mind the above mentioned pointers; how become an ultrasound technician would be a fairly easy process. The best thing about an ultra technician job is that you do not need a license to practice. This profession is undoubtedly a brilliant option for anyone who wants to be a part of healthcare field.
- Looking for ultrasound technician training ?
- The Best Ultrasound Technician Schools
- Ultrasound Technician Requirements | What Are They?
- Want to know about ultrasound technician programs?
- An overview on ultrasound technician jobs
- All you wanted to know about ultrasound technician
- Best X Ray Technician Schools
- EKG Technician – Know All about Being One