Seventeen Indiana comprehensive-care nursing homes had zero deficiencies in their annual surveys conducted from April through June 2009, state health officials announced today.
A total of 141 nursing homes in Indiana had their annual surveys during this period.
“The management and staff of these facilities are commended for their performance on what is a challenging survey process,” said Terry Whitson, assistant commissioner for Health Care Regulatory Services at the Indiana State Department of Health.
“To achieve quality health care, a facility must have a well planned and executed system. Having zero deficiencies means the facility has paid close attention to quality health care components such as assessment, care planning, and care coordination.
For each annual survey of a long-term care facility, a team of three or four professional surveyors performs detailed inspections that last from four days to two weeks. The team members are registered nurses or social workers.
The annual surveys cover these areas:
· residents’ rights, including admission, transfer, and discharge;
· residents’ behavior and facility practices (how the facility protects its residents);
· quality of life;
· resident assessment (how the facility determines the appropriate care for each resident);
· quality of care;
· nursing services;
· physician services;
· dental services;
· infection control;
· physical environment; and
The 17 nursing homes that had deficiency-free annual surveys in the second quarter of 2009 (listed by county of location) are:
* Adams County Memorial Hospital-ECU – 1100 Mercer Avenue, Decatur, IN 46733
* Saint Anne Home – 1900 Randallia Drive, Fort Wayne, IN 46805
* St. Elizabeth Healthcare Center – 701 Armory Road, Delphi, IN 46923
* Woodland Hills Care Center – 403 Bielby Road, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
* Miller’s Merry Manor – 524 Anderson Road, Chesterfield, IN 46017
* Skilled Caring Center of Memorial Hospital & Health Care Center – 800 West Ninth Street, Jasper, IN 47546
* Good Samaritan Society Shakamak Retirement Community – 800 East Ohio Street, Jasonville, IN 47438
* Miller’s Merry Manor – 981 Beechwood Street, Middletown, IN 47356
* Howard Regional Health System-SNF – 3500 South Lafountain Street, Kokomo, IN 46902
* Oak Village, Inc. – 200 West Fourth Street, Oaktown, IN 47561
* B & B Christian Healthcare Center – 3208 North Sherman Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46218
* Kendallville Manor – 1802 East Dowling Street, Kendallville, IN 46755
* Miller’s Merry Manor – 500 Walkerton Trail, Walkerton, IN 46574
* Bethel Manor – 6015 Kratzville Road, Evansville, IN 47710
* Timbercrest Church of Brethren Home – 2201 East Street, North Manchester, IN 46962
- Indiana: Pressure Ulcers Reduced By 30%
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center To Build NC Davie Hospital
- Healthcare Administrator Salary – Facts & Figures
- New HealthGrades Report Rates 5,000 US Hospitals
- Going For The Right Nursing Assistant Training
- New Orleans’ Hospitals Launched Evacuation, Emergency Measures
- CNA Practice Test Help
- Patient Representative Salary Information