Special Olympics Founder, Eunice Kennedy Shriver, 88, is reported to be in critical condition. She has been hospitalized at Cape Cod Hospital in Hyannis, Massachusetts. Though no word of what illness has led to her hospitalization, she is known to have had a series of strokes in recent years.
Mrs Shriver is reported to be in the intensive care in critical but stable condition. Shriver has been in the hospital for about a week.
Eunice Shriver is part of the Kennedy Clan, sister of late President John F Kennedy and Senator Ted Kennedy. She is the mother of California first lady Maria Shriver.
Mrs Shriver’s family has gathered around her, including her husband Sargent Shriver, 93, who has Alzheimer’s disease and son-in-law California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Besides founding the Special Olympics, Eunice Kennedy Shriver was presented in 1984 the Presidential Medal of Freedom for her efforts with the developmentally disabled by the President Ronal Reagan.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Eunice Kennedy Shriver.
- Ejaculation Trainer Review – Any Good?
- Arizona voters approve medical marijuana
- Obesity Linked To Brain Degeneration
- Microscopy Methods Increase Imaging Efficiency
- Bogus Science: Medical “Fact” About Aging Brains Shrinking is Wrong
- Tips to Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease Revealed in Three Recent Studies
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center To Build NC Davie Hospital
- Cottonseed extract may treat brain cancer like Kennedy’s